Renters Insurance in Oregon
Renters’ insurance is essential to have whether you rent a condo, dorm, house, or apartment. It provides you with protection the same way traditional homeowners insurance does. We provide customers with renters’ insurance here at H & R Insurance Group LLC in Portland, OR. Our goal is to match you with a policy that meets your needs and protects your home and belongings.
Renters Insurance Requirements
Renters’ insurance is not legally required in Oregon. However, landlords can make it a requirement as a part of your rental lease.
Renters Insurance Coverage
Here’s what renters’ insurance covers:
- Personal property: This covers damage to your rental unit resulting from wind, theft, vandalism, or fire. If any of your personal items, including electronics, furniture, or clothing, are damaged, it will cover to repair or replace them.
- Personal liability: If a visitor is injured on your property and you are at fault, this will cover their medical expenses and protect you if you are sued.
- Additional living expenses: If you are temporarily unable to reside in your home, this will pay for hotel costs and food expenses while your rental unit is being repaired.
- Medical payments: This provides coverage for injured visitors on your property, regardless of fault.
- Debris removal: Following a loss, this will provide you with coverage to remove debris from your unit.
- Credit card/check forgery: If your credit cards are fraudulently used, or you are a victim of a forged check, this will provide you with any losses you endure.
- Food spoilage: If you lose power in your apartment due to a covered loss, this will provide you with coverage for any refrigerated food you have lost.
To receive a quote for renters’ insurance, call H & R Insurance Group LLC today. We are located in Portland, OR.